As a single mom myself, I often find myself wondering what could I have done different to make things work with my ex-partner. I go through most days and nights wondering what if anything could I have done to make things work.
So a couple things that I have learned as a single mother is
- Never force a connection
- It is ok to co-parent w/o all of the drama and non-sense
- Never give up on yourself
- Move forward
- Teach your children the best way you know how.
- My children are like sponges so whatever they see me do whether good or bad they will replicate at one point in their life
- Be Careful what you wish for
- SEEK GOD IN EVERYTHING and COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS and LAST BUT NOT LEAST
- TAKE A LEAP OF FAITH and Just DO IT
I find myself feeling sorry for the life my children can not have because they dont have two parents in the same home. BUTTTTTT and I mean BUTTTTTT that is not reality single moms should not feel ashamed. Things don’t always work out and it’s important not to blame yourself. I did not fall victim to the system I had to stand up to teach my children to be better than me. Trust me I am still learning every single day.